PointLinePlain

Glimpse Ads
Blog Rings
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
The best house you could ever possibly have. Pt.1
I have a shameful, horrible, terrible secret. It's awful really, I'm not sure I should tell you, lest you stop reading my blog at the horror. But, here it is:

I really love starburst mirrors. I have for as long as I can remember. I know, I know, they're everywhere, they're overdone, they're tacky, but I just don't care! I love their kitchy retro charm, I love the little beams of light they send out everywhere. I just love them.



Look at is in all it's glory HERE.


I've decided, just now you know, as all my best decisions are made on a whim, that I am going to create the super ultimate, unchallenged, the best house you could ever possibly have. It's true. Now, since I'm on a college budget it will unfortunately only exist in my mind, but one day, it will jump out of there and into reality. First in it, a starburst mirror.

Next up, these absolutely wonderful little birds. I'm not sure if I would want just one to showcase it's uniqueness, or have like 50, all over the house, peeking out of everywhere, which could be pretty neat as well. They're handmade, most of them from paper, which kind of blows my mind, by Cotton Bird Designs.



You can see more, and maybe even get your own flock HERE.


I just love them. Often times I go for a very modern look, so to put a little piece of art like that in an otherwise very crisp lined, contemporary space would add such a lovely hint of nostalia with it's vintage papers.

So into the best house ever they go. Who knows what else will be in there (I certainly haven't thought that far ahead..) Check back soon for the next installment.

Labels: , ,

posted by Monica @ 9:35 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At June 7, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Blogger Campbell Jane said…

    Just wanted to say I love your blog & the little birds you posted. I am on etsy as well and have now put that shop in my favorites! BTW I love those mirrors too. God Bless

     
  • At August 27, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just stopped by your blog to drop an EntreCard, but I just wanted you to know you have a beautiful blog. It looks great!

     
  • At December 11, 2008 at 7:56 PM, Blogger Tiffany Gholar said…

    Hey, don't feel bad about your starburst mirror love. I love them too! At this point, we might as well call them a design classic since they've been around for a good 50 year or so. And I love the bedroom. It looks fun and inviting.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Monica
Home: Canada
About Me: My name is Monica and I make things.
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Categories
Links
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER